At Djarragun College, we inspire students every day in and out of the classroom. Our teachers are passionate professionals who care about every child.
In the Secondary School we educate the whole child – culturally, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically and socially. Every child has their own unique talents and we provide a caring, safe and supportive environment with many opportunities to develop their sense of self throughout their educational journey.
Our teaching approach stems from our Teaching and Learning Framework, based on the current Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, and also fuses the practical instructional elements of The Art and Science of Teaching developed by world-renowned educational expert, Robert Marzano.
The approach to learning in our Secondary School:
- uses evidence-based instructional design methodologies and pedagogies
- is rigorous, challenging, relevant for the 21st century, engaging and enjoyable
- promotes high standards of literacy and numeracy as fundamental
- includes a balanced curriculum which also includes arts, science, PE, music, humanities and more, with specialist teachers in some areas
- involves contemporary practice, blending technology into lesson design
- considers a personalised and differentiated learning experience because we recognise students learn differently
- offers learning support and learning extension
- uses internal and external assessment data to further inform teachers about our curriculum design as well as adjust delivery of concepts in the classroom
- at all times promotes high levels of respect among and to all members of the classroom and school community, where each child is valued
- enables very high levels of participation, opportunities and recognition in a wide range of curriculum and co-curricular events, owing to our smaller classes and school community
- has excellent modern, spacious, well-equipped classrooms.